JOINT INSTITUTE FOR NUCLEAR RESEARCH
LABORATORY OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES
The 4th International Conference "Distributed Computing and
Grid-technologies in Science and Education"
June 28 - July 3, 2010
The International Conference "Distributed Computing and Grid-technologies in Science and Education"
will take place in the Laboratory of Information Technologies of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
from June 28 to July 3, 2010. This Conference is devoted to the 80th anniversary of birth of
N.N.Govorun (1930-1989), a prominent researcher and a corresponding member of the USSR Academy of Sciences.
The Conference on distributed computing and grid-technologies is held in Dubna every 2 years. The forthcoming
conference will be the fourth one. The third conference that was held in 2008, was attended by more than 200
participants from 20 countries, more than 100 reports were presented. All the relevant information on
the last conference is available at http://grid2008.jinr.ru.
The reports have been published in the Conference Proceedings ("Distributed Computing and Grid-technologies
in Science and Education", Dubna: JINR, 2008.-400p. ISBN 978-5-9530-0198-4). The Conference was supported by
the Russian Foundation for Basic Research and sponsored by the companies "Т-Platforms", "Niagara", "SuperMicro",
"EtegroTech.", IBM. For the last few years the distributed computations and grid-technologies have gone beyond
only scientific applications and found their increasing use in education, industry and business. A promising
direction named "сloud сomputing" has attracted big interest lately. There is a positive experience in
implementing this technology by the largest IT-companies. IBM, HP, Sun, Amazon and others have already
used this approach to develop flexible and scaled solutions taking into account business requirements.
A discussion on the development of the global grid-infrastructure providing the optimal use of computing
resources and data storage resources on the basis of national grid-infrastructures (National Grid Initiatives,
NGIs) is planned.
Subject of the Conference:
- Issues of creation and experience of exploiting grid-infrastructures;
- Methods and technologies of distributed computing, questions of architecture;
- Network infrastructure for distributed data processing and data storage;
- Algorithms and methods of solving applied problems within the distributed computing environments;
- Theory, models and methods of distributed data processing;
- Distributed information systems: technologies of construction and experience of use;
- Grid-applications in science (physics, chemistry, biology and biomedicine, Earth science and others);
- Grid-applications in education;
- Grid-applications in business;
- "Cloud computing" and consolidation of distributed resources.
The main purpose of the Conference is to discuss a state of affairs in the development of
grid-technologies in Russia and worldwide, to make plans for the further cooperation, to exchange
experience on the creation of grid-infrastructures and the development of grid-applications in various
fields of human's activity.
Programme of the Conference includes plenary reports (30 mines), sectional reports
(15 min) and poster presentations.
Conference languages - Russian and English.
- Presentation of abstracts - till May 20, 2010 (on-line at registration or by e-mail)
- Visa support - till May 15, 2010
- Registration of participants till June 10, 2010 (on-line)
- Arrival and hotel accommodation - from 27 June, 2010
- Departure: July 3-4, 2010
The Conference will be held in the Conference Hall of the Laboratory of Information Technologies, JINR.